Tuesday, 8 March 2011
Monday, 7 March 2011
La Maison Fontaine® Takes Gold at the London Absinthe Masters 2011
Last month the great and good of the Absinthe world gathered for the prestigious Absinthe Masters 2011. This competition recognises and celebrates masters in their fields, giving credit and recognition to the brands that are the true pioneers of their worlds. La Maison Fontaine® took Gold in the Design Category and a Silver in the non-coloured spirit category.
These latest accolades mean since launching a little over six months ago, La Maison Fontaine® has already won 3 Golds; Best in Class & Gold at the International Wine and Spirits Competition (IWSC), Golden Spoon at world renowned 2010 Absinthiades, and now Gold (and a Silver) at the Absinthe Masters.
La Maison Fontaine® is gathering recognition and respect with key industry influencers since launching last August. Brian Robinson Editor of the Wormwood Society, ranked La Maison Fontaine® as the 2nd favourite Blanche Absinthe of all time. Giving it 4.7/5 out of a possible 5 Stars (with a maximum 5 Stars in 5 of the 7 categories) out of 7 categories. Our White Fairy can now be found in some of London’s leading bars including Bar Boulud and The Mandarin Bar at Mandarin Oriental, 22 Below, The Bathhouse, Nightjar, Roka, Paramount, Purl, and McQueen.
Mark Stringer Founding Director “We’ve been amazed and exceptionally grateful for the level of support that we’ve been getting since we launched last August. To have won 3 Gold Medals, A Best in Class and a Silver so quickly is fantastic. We always thought that we had something special so it’s nice that such leading luminaries agree”
• Spirit Business Judges included Patience Gould, editor of Spirits Business, Keith Lyon, Independent Spirits consultant (Ex Spirits Buyer for Waitrose) and Nick Quatroville from "W" hotel.
• La Maison Fontaine® 56% ABV, is an ultra premium artisan Absinthe handcrafted amongst the beautiful Jura Mountains in Pontarlier France, a place renowned for its Absinthe history.
• Distilled in the oldest Absinthe stills in the world, La Maison Fontaine® has been masterfully refined using 15 natural herbs. Some we’re keeping secret, others we’re happy to shout about – notably, our world-renowned Pontarlier-grown Grande Absinthe, which, together with green anise and fennel, is the “holy trinity” of any real absinthe.
• As well as delivering a traditional Absinthe we’ve created La Maison Fontaine® as a wonderfully versatile spirit that can be mixed into an array of sublime cocktails. We call this The Art of Imagination and we’ve put a few of our favourites on our website:
• We’ve been working with one of London’s leading “tastemakers” and cocktail writer, Allan Gage, to help develop a number of signature drinks that are perfect for the global premium bar scene.